Our office AKANT travel in Paralia Katerini on the Olympic Riviera offers full services for tourist - groups as well as individuals. We guarantee that you get the dream vacation you deserve.
AKANT travel tourist office provides:
- Accommodation in hotels, guest houses, luxury apartments and camping sites
- Sightseeing tours to Athens, Thessaloniki, Skiathos, Meteora, Athos, Vergina, Delphi, Edessa and Pozar
- Touring trips "Classical Greece"
- Camps for children and young people
- Pilgrimage "Exploring Saint Paul’s tracks"
- Trips with your peers – be it seniors or singles
- Organising conferences, seminars, business meetings and team building events for companies
- A wide range of exciting activities: diving, rafting, mountainbiking, marathon competitions or trips to Mount Olympus
We also offer the following services:
- Booking of coach, ferry and airplane tickets
- Making reservations for rental houses
- Arranging Greek-style weddings
- Organising rental cars, scooters, yachts and motorboats
The namesake - Acanthus plant
The travel agency’s name AKANT travel was insipired by the Acanthus plant family that comprises around 30 species of flowering plants native to the Mediterranean Basin and Asia.
The Acanthus mollis (ἄκανθος) served as a model for the famous Corinthian capital on ancient columns. The oldest known example can be found in the Temple of Apollo Epicurius, an UNESCO world heritage site in Arcadia that was created around 450 BC. The Romans reinterpreted this architectural feature, which saw a major revival during the Renaissance and is still used today.
The acanthus bush also inspired the name of an ancient city on the Athons peninsula - Akanthos.